This article contains affiliate links, As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
One of the most frequently asked questions about foundations is, “how do I find my perfect match in L’Oréal Infallible powder foundation?” And while we wish we could give you a one-size-fits-all answer, the fact of the matter is that finding your beautiful soulmate often comes down to trial and error. But don’t worry! We’re here to help demystify the process with a step-by-step guide to shade-match L’Oréal Infallible powder foundation.
The application is key when it comes to the foundation. Even the best formulas won’t look their best if they’re not applied properly. That being said, let’s move on to finding your perfect shade match.
L’Oréal Infallible powder foundation: Pros and Cons
The L’Oréal Infallible powder foundation is one of the best-quality powder foundations. As a matter of fact, it is one of the best foundations on the market today.
- It is very durable and has a high SPF with a flawless finish.
- It also has many colors to find the perfect match for your skin tone.
- One of the main reasons why this foundation is so popular is because it is super affordable. You can get the powder foundation at almost any drugstore or discount store.
The Loreal Infallible powder foundation has some cons.
- It tends to be a little on the thick side, which is why some people find it hard to work with.
- Not good for oily skin, you might also not like this foundation because it makes your skin look shinier.
- The powder foundation is also not very long-lasting. You will need to touch up at least three times a day.
Why do you need the right shade of powder foundation?
The right shade of powder foundation can improve your look. A good foundation can make you look healthier and more youthful, but finding the right one can be challenging. When looking for the right powder foundation, it’s important to know what to look for to save time and money.
Powder foundation is a staple in most women’s makeup bags. Regardless of what you wear or what season it is, chances are you have a powder foundation in your makeup bag. It’s a versatile product that can even out your skin tone and creates a matte finish from oily skin or creates a light dusting color for your face. It’s also great for creating a smooth base for your eyeshadow or a touch of color on top of your blush.
But how do you know how you should be using your powder foundation? And why is it so important to have the right shade? Let’s explore some of the reasons why you need to have the right shade of powder foundation.
Step 1: Determine your Skin tone
Before you can even think about what shade of foundation you need, you must figure out your undertone. Your undertone is essentially the hue that comes through your skin and affects the overall tone of your complexion.
There are three types of undertones: warm, cool, and neutral.
You can determine your undertone by looking at the veins in your wrist—if they appear greenish, then you have warm undertones; if they look blue or purple, then you have cool undertones; and if it’s a little bit of both, or you can’t tell, then you have neutral undertones.
Step 2: Identify your skin type
In addition to the undertone, another important factor in choosing the right foundation is skin type.
Are you dry? Oily? Normal? Combination? Sensitive? Figuring out your skin type will help narrow down which formulas will work best for you and which ones to avoid.
– If dry skin, look for hydrating foundations that provide a dewy finish. Some good ingredients to look for include glycerin, hyaluronic acid, and shea butter. Avoid matte finishes, as they will only accentuate dryness and flakiness.
– Oily skin types should steer clear of creamy foundations, as they will slide right off your face come midday. Look for lightweight liquids and powders that are oil-free and mattifying. Zinc oxide, kaolin clay, and silica are great oil-absorbing ingredients to keep an eye out for. You can also check our Drugstore Primers for Oily Skin.
– Combination skin is just what it sounds like—skin that’s oily in some areas (usually the T-zone) and dry in others (usually the cheeks). The best bet for combination skin types is a light-coverage foundation that won’t clog pores or accentuate patchiness. Search for “tinted moisturizer” or “BB cream” on Sephora’s website—these are typically good options for combo skin.
– Lastly, normal skin is not too oily and dry—somewhere in between. If you consider yourself fortunate enough to have normal skin, count yourself lucky! You can use any foundation without worrying about it not working well with your complexion.
Step 3: Test your Loreal Infallible powder foundation on bare skin
Your skin tone is unique. Even if you have the same skin color as your best friend, your skin tone can be slightly different. For example, your skin can be lighter or darker on different body parts. The same is true when you’re testing out a new foundation. It’s important to test your foundation on bare skin without other products. Just because you use the same shade of foundation as your friend doesn’t mean that the tone and amount of coverage will be identical. That’s why finding the right shade and tone for your skin is important. You can also check our Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Foundation review.
Step 4: Check your foundation shade in natural light
The most important thing you should know about the foundation is the shade. It’s super important to get this right because the right shade will make your skin look flawless and natural, while the wrong shade will look caked and make you look unnatural. Finding the right foundation can be tricky because it’s hard to see what the shade looks like on your skin when you’re in a store.
The best way to find the right shade is to check what it looks like under natural light. Not all store lighting is the same, and natural light will always show you whether the foundation matches.
Now that you know more about choosing the right shade of L’Oréal Infallible powder foundation, we hope you feel empowered to go out there and find your perfect match! And remember, if at first you don’t succeed (or if you’re just not sure), don’t hesitate to ask a sales associate for help—that’s what they’re there for 🙂